Pageviews last month

Wednesday 18 May 2011

ICE ICE BABY :) - COMPETITION ALERT!

I've had so many letters about this one that I'm posting the answer here.  Good news, folks - YES the icewine which features in 'Here Come The Girls' DOES exist and it's a real treat - my favourite fizz of all time.  I discovered it on my last P & O cruise on The Azura in The Glass House - my 'haunt' on the ship. Olly Smith picked it out for the wine menu and for this alone he should be canonised.  It's called icewine because the grapes are harvested when they're naturally frozen on the vine in winter.  And yes, it's as nice as it sounds.  Too nice - so do remember to drink sensibly and in moderation (at this point my friends burst out laughing).

And where do you get it?  www.slurp.co.uk  which is a fabulous buy wine online site which sells some gorgeous fare and, if you're buying for a gift, the wine comes beautifully and safely packaged.  AND - because this May is NATIONAL WINE MONTH - lovely SLURP are giving away a bottle of this gorgeous Peller Family Estates Ice Cuvee Sparkling NV icewine to three lucky lucky people.

The competition is open to over 18s only for obvious reasons - and is really easy.  All you have to do is send me the answer to this question - HERE - (there won't be a posting receipt, but they do arrive).

IN WHICH COUNTRY ARE THE GRAPES GROWN FOR THIS PARTICULAR PELLER FAMILY ESTATES ICE CUVEE SPARKLING ICEWINE?


The Icewine competition ends at midnight on May 31st. Results will be posted on my website and here and Twitter and Facebook.  Good luck everyone.

Milly x

No comments:

Post a Comment